Ever wanted to brand and market your farm’s product? Jenni Gavin, Gavin Farms, Reedsburg, WI, will discuss how she and her husband developed a brand and began to market their beef directly to consumers. They just opened a farm store where they market their beef as well as other local food products. Jenni is very excited to share their story, how they created their brand and what it has looked like for them to market their beef locally.
This Coffee Chat was presented on March 21, 2021.
- Gavin Farms pages: https://www.gavinfarms.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/gavinfarms
- DATCP Resources:
- If you have questions about meat regulations, you can send questions to the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extension Resources:
- introducing the Meat Pricing Tool/calculator comparing different selling/marketing options and arrive at the same profit points http://calculator.meatsuite.com/ Profitable Meat Marketing: You are raising and selling local meat, but are you making a profit? Learn to use the Cornell Meat Pricing Tool to develop prices that deliver a profit in every channel. March 23 beginning at 7 pm CT for Direct Meat Marketing/ Introduction to Meat Suite. If you haven’t already, please register at http://go.wisc.edu/FarmReadyResearch
- direct marketing tools available from Extension, including pricing freezer meat
- Additional Resources:
- We regularly update Sen. Baldwin’s website with federal resources for farmers that have come through the Covid relief legislation here: https://www.baldwin.senate.gov/coronavirus/farmers-and-rural-communities
- Book Jenni recommended: Start with the Why, Simon Sinek.