About the Program
Becoming the Employer of choice is a human resource management curriculum geared at current and future dairy farm managers/owners looking to improve their human resource management skills.
The program format is based on a curriculum of seven modules. It addresses questions such as:
- Do you know how to deliver effective feedback?
- Do you understand what motivates your employees?
- Do you have a vision and can you effectively share it to engage your employees?
These questions and many others are addressed in the program via hands-on interactive sessions aimed at building skills related to hiring, training, motivation, conflict management, communication, and leadership.
Interactive sessions aim to build skills in a wide variety of human resource management topics import to farm business. Learn from other farmers and managers to take home effective and practical approaches to human resource management on farms.
The curriculum and materials have been translated into Spanish in order to read Spanish-speaking supervisors and managers.
For course materials and opportunities, contact Extension Educator Jim Versweyveld
This program is a series of 7 modules, each standing alone as its own section, but better together.
- The Business Case for Safety on the Farm
- Building a Positive Farm Business Culture: Characteristics of Latin/Hispanic dairy workers
- Building a Positive Farm Business Culture: Perceptions of Health and Safety among Latin/Hispanic Dairy Workers
- Does Your Culture Reflect Who You Want to Be as An Employer?
- Cultura empresarial agricola
- The Farm Business Culture
- Can You Motivate Employees?
- Interview tips to help you find top talent
- Writing effective job descriptions
- Managing employee conflict